by Family Research Council
March 16, 2007
A list of provisions in the emergency war supplemental U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans Health and Iraq Accountability Act, 2007” that do not fund the war:
- $74 million for peanut storage costs.
- $25 million for spinach growers.
- $25 million for livestock (2005 Hurricane Livestock Indemnity program).
- $100 million for citrus assistance (2005 Hurricanes Citrus program)
- $283 million for the Milk Income Loss Contract program.
- $120 million to compensate for the effects of Hurricane Katrina on the shrimp and menhaden fishing industries.
- $60.4 million for salmon fishery “disaster” in the Klamath River region in California and Oregon.
- $48 million for salaries and expenses for Farm Service Agency.
- An additional $500 million for emergency wildfires suppression even though the Forest Service already has $831 million available for this purpose.
- $400 million for rural schools.
- Government contracting reform.
- Minimum wage increase, which is already moving on a separate track.
- $50 million for asbestos mitigation U.S. Capitol Plant.
- $16 million for security upgrades to House of Representative Office buildings.
- $6.4 million for House of Representatives Salaries and Expenses Account for business continuity and disaster recovery expenses.
- $35 million for NASA risk mitigation projects in Gulf Coast.
- $20 million for Emergency Conservation Program for farmland damaged by freezing temperatures.
- $5 million for losses suffered by aquaculture businesses including breeding, rearing, or transporting live fish as a result of viral hemorrhagic septicemia.
- $4 million for Office of Womens Health of FDA.
- $10 million for the International Boundary and Water Commission, US/Mexico for the Rio Grande Flood Control System Rehabilitation project.