July 15, 2009
Here's what we are reading today.
- "Coalition of LGBT groups: Next year too soon for gay marriage vote in CA," Joe Garofali, San Francisco Chronicle (July 14, 2009)
- "Leaders' views on gay marriage proposal at odds," Michelle Saxton, Charleston Daily Mail (July 15, 2009)
- "Support for gay marriage lukewarm," Deborah McDermott, Seacoast Online (July 15, 2009)
- "Illinois: Court Upholds Abortion Notification Law," Associated Press (July 15, 2009)
- "Obama Health Care Plan Will Provide Taxpayer-Funded Abortion on Demand, Congressmen Say," Penny Starr, CNSNews.com (July 15, 2009)
- "Wisconsin: Group Seeks to Bar Religious Inscriptions," Associated Press (July 15, 2009)
- "Experts dispute doctor's stem cell breakthrough claim," David Fitzpatrick and Drew Griffin, CNN (July 14, 2009)
"Several California ACLU chapters backed up the Prevailing wisdom by saying: "If we were to enter a campaign in either 2010 or 2012 with the people of California where they are now on marriage for same-sex couples, we'd have a tougher time winning than we did in 2008."
"Lawmakers, legal experts and advocates from both sides met Tuesday to discuss a proposal that would allow West Virginians to vote for a statewide constitutional amendment banning the recognition of same-sex marriages."
"About 70,000 Mainers are expected to sign a petition calling for a statewide vote to repeal the state's gay marriage law, and the fight to protect it isn't exactly raging in the southern and more liberal tip of the state."
"A federal appeals court breathed new life into an Illinois law that requires teenage girls to notify their parents before having abortions. Lawyers said the law could take effect within weeks.
" Grekos said he and his associates draw blood from a patient in Florida and then send it to a laboratory in Israel that produces what his company calls "regenocytes." The company defines regenocyte as "a stem cell that has been activated to become a target organ."
"These procedures work," he told CNN, standing inside a hospital room at the Clinica Union Medica del Norte in Santiago. "And it's substantiated by objective data that we are collecting."